Monday, October 7, 2013

Spent 4 days in New Jersey for my nephew's wedding. Weather was surprisingly in the 70s. I took a Monica Wood's book on description with me but had no time to study. I did write about 350 words one morning and finished a short story this morning which I hope to have rewritten by Saturday so I can read it to my group for feedback.

A waterpipe burst under my place this morning while I was enjoying my coffee. Luckily I was home and shut off the main immediately. I walked over to Home Depot and bought a pvc cap. Instead of resealing the pipe to an outside spigot that I have never used, I'm going to cap it off. Can I end a sentence with off? I hope so because I just did it twice.

It was a great wedding and I got to see my two daughters who came from Kansas City and Nashville and got to dance with them both at the same time. People commented on how nice that was, but to be honest the girls (I had one on each arm), told me "you've got to twirl us now, Pop."

Good to be home and perhaps I'll read some of Monica's book after I cement the waterpipe.
Write, write, write.
JH

No comments:

Post a Comment