Monday, October 28, 2013

I moderated the writers meeting for the 1st time on Saturday. There were only eight of us, two of us signed up to read. They convinced me to read the 2nd part of my story The Phone Call, and said I could read the revision next week. I don't read revisions because I would be giving too much control to the group. Let them write their own story and I will write mine. I do appreciate critiques, but only once, such as a point of view problem or too much background or a confusing passage. After that the only time the group will see it is if they read it in print or e-book.
Oh the others were all at a book fair promoting their work.

Next week I need to give a short talk at the end of the meeting about creating a cover for an e-book and what else to bring to class.

Keep writing.
JH

No comments:

Post a Comment