Sunday, September 29, 2013

Have to redouble my efforts to study in the afternoons. It has been sketchy unlike the writing. But then the writing gets prime time, first thing in the morning. An hour in the morning seems easy enough and has become habitual now for almost six months.

I realize that once I begin work on the novel the morning hour will turn into two or three hours. From what I am learning, once the outline and the research are completed the writing goes pretty fast. And for me, rewrites have always gone quickly.

Three people who read their work at PINAWOR Saturday morning were not writing as well as I have been. That makes me feel good, like maybe I am not at the beginning of my study and have made some progress.

In the afternoons I will concentrate on DESCRIPTION and begin to introduce much more of that into my stories, not so much as to overload the sense but enough so the reader won't have to wonder what the strongbox in the story looks like.
JH

No comments:

Post a Comment