Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Went back to my writers group Saturday after a two week hiatus. Several people said I was missed, two asked why I wasn't reading, and one continued to solicit me for a part in his upcoming play. I almost went to rehearsal on Sunday until I thought it through and realized that I had no desire to be in the play and my upcoming obligations will weigh heavy enough on my time without committing to rehearsals. That plus the fact I have no desire to act, and that would only take away from time I could spend writing or learning about writing. The only reason for accepting the role would be to please the playwright and I am certainly not going to the writers group to please people. I go because it has motivated me to write daily. If the playwright snubs me because I don't want to act, well that's his problem.
Keep writing.
JH

No comments:

Post a Comment