Friday, May 17, 2013

Wow!
I've been neglecting my blog. Thank goodness, I haven't been neglecting my writing. That's probably why I haven't blogged in more than 2 weeks. I'm wrapped up in the story I had mentioned. The 1st draft was 6k words. It now looks to be over 10k. I've really worked a lot on this. I got index cards and put my characters on them, their age, job, residence, and other details that, in all likelyhood, will never make it into the story. Then I've researched the locale, the food, the attractions. And I've worked on my scenes, trying to instill the right amount of conflict. And, of course, I've been tweaking the plot. I am still hopeful to have it finished by the end of May so I can submit it to Glimmer Train Magazine. I did submit SOUTHERN CAL for their consideration, and I may email one other, if time permits. It will most likely be the lottery story I finished reading in 5 weeks at our Saturday meetings. Or, it could be the BACKPACKERS story whose name has changed to A SCARY VACATION. I also changed the cover photo. Both now seem a better fit for the story.

Maybe I'm finally feeling what it's like to be an author. The work draws you to it, makes you want to write it. It gets obsessive.

In the midst of all this activity, PINAWOR had its annual picnic at Taylor Park with a nice turn out. I brought the Harley and played 6 or 7 songs. Two other guitarists played much more.

Sorry for the long post.
Now, WRITE!
JH

No comments:

Post a Comment